Get The Best Legs On The Block + Giveaway!
Spring has sprung. Time to hussle your ass and get those legs summer ready.
Here are 3 simple things you can start doing now to get the best legs on the block in no time.
1. Dry Brush
When it comes to the common exfoliating scrubs on the market, I’m not a fan. Sugar and salt scrubs exfoliate the palms of your hands (quite uncomfortably) more than they do your actual body, and then the rest of it ends up down the drain. If you’re using a scrub with silicone beads in it, you’re being very unkind to fish and the environment.
When people ask me the best way to exfoliate their skin, my answer is very simple and very inexpensive… Dry brush.
Why Dry Brush?
- One of the more obvious reasons, is it effectively removes dry, dull skin, thus revealing fresh, healthy skin.
- It stimulates circulation, which helps eliminate toxins. If you’re diligent about it, overtime this will help reduce cellulite.
- By removing a layer of dead skin cells, it makes your moisturizer more effective and allows it to smooth on more easily. This helps you use less product and saves you money!
- Finally, it results in super smooth, baby soft skin.
Here’s How To Do It:
I recommend a natural or jute loofah pad (instead of a brush). While in the palm of your hand, the pad forms to your skin better, thus covering a bigger area. Plus, it has just the right texture for scrubbing comfortably, yet effectively while allowing you to apply the right amount of pressure. The Body Benefits Loofah pictured below can be purchased at Ulta. Any similar loofah will do the trick.
- The best time to dry brush is right before you shower or bathe. Do it in the tub before you turn the water on.
- Brush in long, upward strokes towards your heart. Start at your feet and work your way up to your shoulders, brushing your entire body. Don’t forget the tops of your feet and hands!
- Spend extra time on dry areas that are showing age, such as ankles, knees and elbows. Spend even more time on areas where cellulite and sagging skin is an issue.
- When finished, rinse your loofah and cleanse it with soap. Once rinsed out well, I use the same loofah to shower and cleanse as usual.
- The whole process should take you no more than 5 minutes.
2. Moisturize with Nourishing Body Oil
Why body oil and not lotion? A natural body oil is going to give your legs a much smoother texture and healthy sheen that a lotion just can't do. And if you dry brushed, you'll enjoy feeling it glide over your new, baby soft skin!
- When your shower is complete, towel off and moisturize your entire body, liberally with the body oil. Pay extra attention to your lower limbs, feet and knees, as these areas get really dry in the winter months, usually due to our skin constantly being covered with tight socks and leggings that suck the moisture right out.
- For quicker application, apply liberally while your skin is still damp.
- Any of our 8 Natural Bath + Body Oils, will give you amazing, nourishing, smooth skin, results. For Spring, I recommend Aim To Be Pleased (Cherry Blossom + Sandalwood) and Once Bitten (Apple Blossom + Lime + Vanilla).
3. Add Resistance To Your Workout
If you want quicker, more effective results to your health and fitness goals, just doing cardio isn't enough. Add some resistance or strength training and in about 2 weeks, you'll see what I mean. You don't need a gym membership or expensive equipment to achieve this either. You can do it right at home. Here's a great, quick workout to get you started on sculpting your legs:
And Now for the GIVEAWAY! . . .
* Two lucky winners will receive a large MBeze Natural Body Oil + 1 Loofah to help achieve great legs and smooth skin! Here's how to enter:
1. In the comments below, tell us which scent you'd like to win.
2. If you're not already on our Exclusive Email List, sign up now! You must be on our email list to win.
3. Enter by Saturday, March 28. The winners will be announced Sunday!
That's it! But we're not done yet.